Here are six good reasons why a honeymoon holiday in Italy will be a honeymoon you will remember forever:
(1) Italy is the home of classical music and has produced some of the worlds greatest composers; Monteverdi, Vivaldi, Puccini, Rossini, the list goes on.
(2) Western art was invented here and has produced some of the worlds most famous works of art, from Leonardos Mona Lisa to Michelangelos David.
(3) People make pilgrimages from around the world to taste Italian wine where it is grown.
(4) The natural beauty in the countryside will take your breath away.
(5) The food is a fantasia for the senses, which led my dad to pronounce, â¤½If you want to impress a girl, take her to an Italian restaurant; if you want to keep a wife, take her to Italy.â¤
(6) Italy is the fashion capital of the world, and Gucci is just the beginning. The seductive synergy of these sensuous pleasures wakes the passionate and romantic spirit in all but the most stolid of hearts.
A friend of mine once went on a belated honeymoon to the island of Capri with his new wife. Upon his return we scarcely recognized him for the changes the tranquility had brought about in him. His wife, we learned a couple of months later, was in for equally great changes because she was now expecting a baby. The magic of the place changed their lives. W. Somerset Maughm wrote â¤½The Lotus Eater,â¤ a story, in which a man becomes so enamored of Capri that he goes home, sells all he owns, and returns to live out the rest of his days-of course the tale has a twist, but you too might want to cash in and return, regardless of what happened in Maughmâ¤™s story. Even if a beautiful Mediterranean island rich in scenery, history and art isnâ¤™t your ideal honeymoon spot, Capri is only one option for a honeymoon in Italy.
The Tuscany region boasts magnificent natural views and scenery as well as a concentration of artistic wealth. UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Tuscany include the magnificent architecture of the Square of the Cathedral of Pisa, the bell tower of which is the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa where Galileo conducted his early experiments in gravitation; the historic center of Florence, where art so abounds that â¤½genius abides on every cornerâ¤; the magnificent landscape of the Val dOrcia; and the historic city centres of Siena, San Gimignano, and Pienza.
Tuscan cuisine invented what we knows as call the Mediterranean diet from which the Tuscans concoct delicious, rich dishes. In October and November in San Miniato they gather white truffles. For the unsinkable carnivore, the Chiana Valley raises superb beef for Florentine steak. Tuscany also produces such famous wines as Chianti. When I visited, Tuscany taught me that I traveled as much by eating and drinking well as I did by walking or taking the train, and that sensuousness heightens any honeymoon holiday.
But these are only two possibilities amongst the rich plethora of choices Italy offers the honeymooner. Rome is a city at once modern and ancient. Sicily abounds with Roman ruins, medieval castles, and restaurants serving exquisite food and wine. Still we have only scratched the surface because all Italy is revelry of the senses guaranteed to impassion any honeymoon.
Italy has a lot to offer the passionate and the romantic. For the very best choices of honeymoons in Italyget in touch with Bridgewater Travel. Over the years, Bridgewater have built up a track record of offering a tailored service based on an incomparable familiarity with the holiday properties and the areas they offer. A lot of their properties can be booked on the internet, but Bridgewater believe they offer people a personal service which computers cant.